5:42 AM
0

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Victor Ortiz was already finished but another interesting and controversial twist came followed. The Larry Merchant's interview to Mayweather.

Both Mayweather and Merchant wants the word respect from each other but the interview didn't went well.

Below is the transcript of the said interview:


Merchant: "The crowd, at least a good part of it, is in an uproar because they felt that you took shots at him unfairly after you were -- went together in the ring, made up for the headbutt, and then you poked him. What's your story?'
Mayweather: "First off, I wanna thank God for this victory, because without God all this wouldn't be possible. I wanna thank my team. I got hit with a dirty shot, and, um, it's protect yourself at all times. I hit him with a left hook-right hand, and that ended the bout."
Star-divide
Merchant: "So you're saying that even though it appeared that he didn't -- wasn't protecting himself, and thought that was part of the ceremony you were going through, of apology, that you unfairly took advantage of it. What do say to those that say, 'What'd you do there? You were winning the fight and in charge.'"
Mayweather: "I just wanna tell everybody that bought pay-per-view, that came out to Las Vegas, thank you. It was a hell of a fight."
Merchant: "Floyd, you know you're a promoter, but now we're talking to you as a prizefighter. Let's take a look at what happened at the end of the fight, and you describe it."
Mayweather: "We touch -- we touch gloves. We're back to fighting. Hook. Right hand. And that's all she wrote."
Merchant: "So for you, it was just an automatic response, let's get on with the fight."
Mayweather: "It's protect yourself at all times. He done something dirty. We're not here to cry and complain about what he did dirty, or what I did dirty. I was victorious. If he wants a rematch, he can get a rematch."
Merchant: "You were in charge of the fight. You were aggressive. And trying, and taking advantage of--"
Mayweather: "You know what I'm gonna do? 'Cause you don't never give me a fair shake, you know that? So I'm gonna let you go and talk to Victor Ortiz, alright? I'm through. Put somebody else up here and give me an interview."
Merchant: "What are you talking about? What are you talking about?"
Mayweather: "You never give me a fair shake! HBO needs to fire you! You don't know shit about boxing! You ain't shit! You not shit!"
Merchant: "I wish I was 50 years younger and I'd kick your ass!"
Mayweather: "You won't do shit!"