5:27 AM
0

It's second year of this blog after being actively posting (though not that regular). For this year 2010, I have posted a total of 335 articles with the following breakdown by month:

► December (22)
► November (21)
► October (25)
► September (31)
► August (64)
► July (41)
► June (46)
► May (16)
► April (34)
► March (20)
► February (14)
► January (1)

With motivation of Ark (one of the successful blogger I personally know), I continued updating this blog with tons of hints and techniques from him. Patiently and disregarding the amount of money I will be earning, I posted at least once a day.

Stats

Day
Date
Page Loads
Unique Visitors
First Time Visitors
Returning Visitors
Thursday
30th December 2010
594
472
450
22
Wednesday
29th December 2010
937
784
767
17
Tuesday
28th December 2010
2,341
1,985
1,977
8
Monday
27th December 2010
1,595
1,355
1,341
14
Sunday
26th December 2010
520
434
426
8
Saturday
25th December 2010
393
346
336
10



The stats above presents the typical traffic of this blog.

Keywords & Traffic Source

The Facbook, Fcebook, Faceboook and Faceboo keywords were actually the reason this started to gain a regular traffic of not less than 300 hits.

Since I have posted about celebrities, artists like Justin Bieber, Jennifer Grey and Alanis Morissette brought traffic here.

I think everyday Justin Bieber has been attacked by hoax and some maliciously created rumors like Justin Bieber imprenated his mother, Justin Bieber dead, Justin Bieber kissing a boy and few to mention.

Jennifer Grey searches increased this blog's traffic into not less than 1000 hits. That was then Dancing with the Stars season 10 about to end. If you would Google for Jennifer Grey, you will see an images and one of those  will lead to this blogsite.

Aside from the keywords mentioned above, most of the time I blogged about trending topics of the day which sometimes give an instant traffic of not less than 10 hits, at least. If I get lucky with the trending topic I chose, I'll be able to have a thousand hits and sometime lasts for about two to three days.

To give an example, check the stats above, as you can see on Saturday, this blog just have 336 First Time visitors. On Sunday, I got lucky I have posted about Did Teena Marie Die, in which I instantly gained a traffic. The following day, Monday, the hits grew even more until it peaked to Tuesday in which I hit 1,977 first time visitors. Wow, that was awesome. It was also my highest earning in Google Adsense amounting $16.94.

Achievements

First is traffic and second of course Adsense earnings. It was August of this year when I got my first Adsense payout, which you can check to my post Making Money Online can be frustrating. It really takes patience and dedication to taste money online.

New Blog.  Just last month, I bought a new webhosting plan. Since it includes a new domain name, I registered an official address of sharedcorner.com and named the site Shared Corner 2.0.

Earnings. 

For this year, the total earnings roughly about $836.35 (that includes this December which have already reached $100 minimum threshold ). It's just a fraction of what other bloggers are earning, but I'm already happy with that of course.

Google Trends Screenshots

Check out the screenshots I took when my blogposts got featured from Google Trends. There were actually many times I got featured just for a few minutes after publishing but being featured is not an assurance of huge traffic.

Click the images to enlarge.







Plans.

As for plans about this blog, I actually decided to stop updating this and focus on my new blog but I held up since Shared Corner 2.0 is still in its inception.

So, there goes my Year-end post.

To my fellow bloggers, thank you for exchanging links with me, commenting and dropping by.

Of course, I wouldn't be more inspired if I didn't make money out of this blogging, so I huge thanks to first time visitors who have clicked ads. I hope you have found what you were looking for the days when you are in the middle of difficulties searching for answer.