Following the death of Teena Marie, we have here Teena Marie's Bio.
Facts we should know about Teena Marie.
- Born as Mary Christine Brockert on March 5,1956.
- Died at the age of 54 (December 26,2010) at home in Pasadena, California
- Cause of death: Natural (grand mal seizure)
- Became known by her stage name Teena Marie was an American singer, songwriter and producer.
- Nickname: Lady Tee, (sometimes spelled Lady T),
- A protégée of funk legend Rick James
- First white person to be signed to the Motown record label in 1979
- Played rhythm guitar, keyboards and congas
- I'm Just a Sucker for Your Love" (#8 Black Singles Chart)
- It Must Be Magic (#2 Black Albums Chart)
- "Square Biz" (#3 Black Singles
- "Portuguese Love" (featuring a brief, uncredited cameo by James, #54 Black Singles)
- "Fix It" (#21 R&B)
- "Shadow Boxing"
- "Casanova Brown."
- Lovegirl - peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart
- "Out on a Limb" - peaked at #56 on the R&B charts
- "Lead Me On" OST Top Gun
- "Ooo La La La", reached the top of Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart and remains her only #1 single
- "Here's Looking at You" (#11 R&B)
- "If I Were a Bell" (#8 R&B)
Listen from video embedded below Teena Marie performed with Rick James the song Fire and Desire