7:24 PM
0

In the upcoming American Idol season 10, Ellen DeGeneres will not be judge anymore. The news was confirmed today by Fox representative.

DeGeneres would not appear at the auditions this summer or on the show next winter. Reason for leaving might be connected to the come back of original producer Nigel Lythgoe which was reported this week. According to the reports, Lythgoe is planning to revamp the setup of judges.

 In a statement issued by DeGeneres, she said that the decision was her.

“A couple months ago, I let Fox and the ‘American Idol’ producers know that this didn’t feel like the right fit for me,” she said. “I told them I wouldn’t leave them in a bind and that I would hold off on doing anything until they were able to figure out where they wanted to take the panel next.”