9:34 PM
0

Dr. Laura Schlessinger apologized on her radio show regarding the N-word she repeatedly said over the course of five minutes.

Here's her opening statement on her radio show the following day.

"Yesterday, I did the wrong thing," she said. "I didn't intend to hurt people, but I did. And that makes it the wrong thing to have done. I was attempting to make a philosophical point, and I articulated the "n" word all the way out - more than one time. And that was wrong. I'll say it again - that was wrong."
"I pulled myself off the air at the end of the hour,"
"I had to finish the hour, because 20 minutes of dead air doesn't work. I am very sorry. And it just won't happen again."

The issue started on her radio show, Tuesday, a black female complained about her husband's racist friends and their use of the N-word.

Schlessinger answered:

Black guys use it all the time. Turn on HBO and listen to a black comic, and all you hear is n****, n*****, n*****. I don't get it. If anybody without enough melanin says it, it's a horrible thing. But when black people say it, it's affectionate. It's very confusing.


I guess the most outrageous and insulting statement she ever said to the caller was:

"If you're that hypersensitive about color and don't have a sense of humor, don't marry outside of your race," Schlessinger said after hanging up with the caller.