4:44 AM
0

2011 Grammy awards is just few hours to go while 53rd Grammy Awards Nominees has been out few days ago, I was actually surprised with Best Metal Performance category.

Frankly speaking I'm surprised to learned that long time metal bands like Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Slayer are still around. Though, I may not be surprised that these bands' are behind movie soundtracks, UFC events, wrestling that requires heavy rock music.



Well, I'm just happy to learned that metal rock category is part of Grammy Awards. At least in the coming Grammy Awards I won't be surprised again to know about metal performance category. Yeah, I know that Grammy is all about music awards regardless of its genre.

Among the nominees my bet is Korn. Not really a metal head person but I'm a long time fan of Korn, that's my only reason. Who's yours?

Best Metal Performance

El Dorado
Iron Maiden
Track from: The Final Frontier


Let The Guilt Go
Korn
Track from: Korn III: Remember Who You Are
[Roadrunner Records]


In Your Words
Lamb Of God
Track from: Wrath
[Epic]


Sudden Death
Megadeth
[Roadrunner Records]


World Painted Blood
Slayer
Track from: World Painted Blood
[Columbia Records/American Records]



UPDATE



Iron Maiden's El D
orado wins this category.