10:36 PM
0

Martina McBride new single 'Teenage Daughters' now available on iTunes at the same day (March 29) that her daughter Emma became a teenager!

Martina was a bit surprised when she learned that her teen just turned teen on the same date her single "Teenage Daughter's released saying:

"I couldn't believe it when I noticed the single release date was the same day Emma turns 13!"
"How fitting that I have another teenager in the house on the very day the song is released!"

Martina's daughter Emma, second teen following her sister Delaney which is now 16. Teenage Daughter is the carrier single of Martina McBride's upcoming album which is scheduled to be released this year.

Martina McBride shares her experience that time she and co-writer wrote Teenage Daughters'

"John, my husband, took Delaney to school [one] morning, and she said, 'Mom hates me.' I'm like, 'What are you talking about? That's ridiculous,'" Martina tells Our Country. "But I must have gotten on her a little bit too much. So [my co-writers and I] started talking and I said that's what we should write about."
"John and I are really proud of the open relationships we have with our girls," says Martina. "But let's get real, it's not always easy when they're seeking independence and you're wanting to keep them in that innocent stage."